ACADEMY FOR YOUNG PROFESSIONALS (SAYP) WESTERN BALKANSadmin February 16, 2020 0 COMMENTS
Deadline: 11 March 2020
Open to: applicants form Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Sweden
Benefits: participation is free of charge and includes meals, accommodation and travel
The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build awareness, capacity and resilience in the practice of governance. Are you a young professional in Western Balkans and want to deepen your knowledge about modern governance? This is the programme for you.
The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration. The programme also aims to strengthen you and your individual capabilities to meet the requirements of a modern governance structure. As a participant of SAYP, you will be able to expand your own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges with other like-minded professionals.
SAYP is a collaboration between Swedish institute and Swedish universities. The specific topics of the SAYP modules may vary from year to year. Topics this year are:
- Innovation Ecosystems & Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable e-Government for Resilient and Innovative Democratic public administration
- Sustainable Public Management
It is possible to attend one out five modules. SAYP is also conducted in the Baltic Sea Region and EU’s Eastern partnership countries. You may read more about the programme here.
You can apply if you are:
- Citizen of and currently working in one of the selected countries;
- Have good command of English language;
- Have a relevant higher education (at least three years);
- 35 years or younger (born 1985- );
- Employed in one of the following groups:
1. Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties);
2. Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies);
3. Civil society workers (CSO/NGO employees).
Participation in SAYP is free of charge and includes meals, accommodation and travel.
SAYP will give you:
- Opportunity to develop your professional skills;
- Tools to apply in your own organizations and local contexts;
- Knowledge within sustainable modern governance;
- Experience of cross-sectorial work environment;
- Personal and professional network;
- Lifelong membership in the SI Alumni Network;
- Exclusive access to Peer Shadowing and other tools for continued learning.
How to Apply?
For more information, and how to apply, please visit the official website.