Call for Applications: Post-Graduate Research Fellowship Program 2020-2021 in Canadaadmin February 17, 2020 0 COMMENTS
Deadline: 23 February 2020
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) is committed to fostering the next generation of Asia Pacific researchers and analysts. To this end, it offers up to four one-year Post-Graduate Research Scholarships (PGRS). Successful applicants will have a background in Asia-related research in Asian studies, political science, economics, history, business, international relations, or related humanities or social science program. The selection of candidates will be based on abilities, academic excellence, and fit with the Foundation’s research priorities.
Successful applicants are expected to work from the Foundation’s Vancouver office and to divide their time between conducting research and participating in the Foundation’s day-to-day activities, including:
• Assisting in the composition and distribution of the Asia Watch news service;
• Providing assistance in hosting roundtables, conferences, and meetings both in-house and off-site; and,
• Participating in and contributing to APF Canada Research Group meetings, as well as other meetings and activities in the Canadian and Asian policy communities.
Each selected PGRS will work closely with a Program Manager responsible for one of APF Canada’s main research pillars listed below, providing research assistance and conducting original research under the Program Manager’s supervision.
• Business Asia
• Perspectives Asia
• Digital Asia
• Engaging Asia
Scholarships are for one year. They normally begin in August/September, although the Foundation will consider earlier or later start dates on a case-by-case basis.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have graduated from a Master’s or doctoral program within 18 months of the application (as defined by the date of program completion) are eligible to apply.
Applications are accepted in English and/or French. Please send applications email@example.com. Applications should include (and merged in one file):
• A resume/CV detailing the applicant’s academic background;
• A cover letter outlining the applicant’s overall suitability for the role, as well as his/her research interest and potential contribution to one of APF Canada research pillars;
• A writing sample (published or unpublished); and
Two Letter of Recommendation (in a signed PDF format sent from the referee’s institution e.g. university email address. Email letter of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject heading « Letter of Recommendation for Name of Applicant – PGRS »
Cost & Scholarship
Scholarships are C$42,000 for Master’s graduates or C$45,000 for PhD graduates. Selected candidates are eligible for a $1,000 relocation allowance if coming from outside of British Columbia’s Lower Mainland.
For additional questions, please contact: