Call for Applications: the Languages Teacher Training Scholarshipsadmin February 17, 2020 0 COMMENTS
Deadline: 1 June 2020
Open to: applicants should hold UK or EU student status
Are you passionate about French, German or Spanish? Through the Languages Teacher Training Scholarships (LTTS) program, you could receive GBP 34,000: a tax-free scholarship of GBP 28,000 while you train as a secondary school language teacher in England, plus an additional GBP 6,000 once in teaching.
The Languages Teacher Training Scholarships are aimed at high-calibre graduates who will commence an eligible teacher training course in England in the 2020/21 academic year. Courses should be completed through an approved provider and lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) status. Applicants should also hold UK or EU student status and meet student finance support criteria.
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must have, or be predicted to achieve, a minimum of a 2:1 in a French, German or Spanish degree. Applicants may also be considered if you have a 2:1 degree in a different subject and can demonstrate excellent language skills and significant cultural knowledge (e.g. experience of living/working in the target language country, or you’re a native speaker).
If applicants have a 2:2, or predicted 2:2 degree in the language, a relevant PhD or master’s degree, or recognized equivalent and substantial relevant experience, you may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants that wish to apply, must be able to demonstrate your interest and experience with clear examples.
- To be eligible to apply, applicants should hold UK or EU student status, and be entitled to student financial support as follows:
Home and EU students must be entitled to support for a tuition fee loan via Student Finance England EU students should also have normally been resident in the UK for three years prior to the start of the teacher training course.
If applicant is fro outside of the UK, they should confirm eligibility with Student Finance England before applying for the scholarship. Contact Student Finance England Residents of Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland must be entitled to support as set out by your country’s student finance body (Student Finance Wales, Student Awards Agency Scotland or Student Finance NI).
- By September 2020, you must secure your place on an eligible university- or school-led (fee-based, non-salaried) initial teacher training (ITT) course in England for the 2020/21 academic year via UCAS. The training place must be with a DfE-approved provider and lead to achieved Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) status
- A tax-free scholarship of GBP 28,000* while applicant trains to teach French, German or Spanish at secondary level in England
- A further GBP 6,000 after tax* once in teaching (paid over three years)
- Access to a range of professional development opportunities and resources, including webinars for distance-based training for your Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and membership to the Association for Language Learning (ALL) for your training year
- Networking opportunities with fellow scholars and teaching professionals, including attendance at conferences and events with cultural institutions in the UK
For more information and how to apply: HERE