Vacancy for Technology & Materials Project Engineer in Paris (Suresnes), Franceadmin March 23, 2020 0 COMMENTS
Deadline: 31 march 2020
- BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Technology & Materials Project Engineer is accountable for the delivery of the engineering and technical expertise towards meeting the technology project objectives. The requirement is to produce detailed engineering to deliver the technology development project and involves managing aspects of the scope. The engineer has a strong technical knowledge of Materials Science and support the knowledge management and technology initiatives relating to this discipline. Work may be carried out onshore or at qualification sites, as required. The Technology Project Engineer is part of the GPC Technology Development Team.
The engineer may perform a support role in the subsequent commercial introduction and integration of the technological advancement into the business, supported by the Country Technology Managers. It is possible therefore that the engineer may support the product within the business beyond the technology advancement.
- POSITION OVERVIEW
General – Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Develops and fosters a positive HSEQ culture throughout Subsea 7
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, accurate and cost-effective management and delivery of activities
- Plans, organises, manages and continuously improves the processes in accordance with Subsea 7 global ways of working
- Ensures the implementation of and adherence to Subsea 7’s Management System, Engineering policy, professional tools, systems and processes
- Provides input to budget and is accountable for controlling costs and meeting budget
- Provides strategic direction, leadership, supervision and mentoring to team(s)
- Develops a constructive and professional relationship with all stakeholders
- Supports the professional and career development of self and the team through continued professional training, mentoring, on the job development
Role Specific – Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Performs technical review, bibliographic research for preliminary study of a TD project
- Executes work packages and CTRs by setting clear and realistic objectives to progress technology through Technology Readiness Level (TRL) scale
- Uses the validated computer tools and suggests new acquisitions
- Provides timely input for Project Monthly Status Report (PMSR)
- Participates to testing campaigns and qualification programs as required
- Provides specialist support to projects and other disciplines within Subsea 7 with regards to materials selection and solution of technical issues generally
- Prepares and performs engineering reviews to validate deliverables and conclusions of TD projects with experts and/or other engineering parties, as applicable
- Supports preparation of grant funding applications, to support individual technology programs.
- Identifies and protects Subsea 7’s existing and potential intellectual property
- Promotes internally and externally Company’s expertise in subject matter through both internal awareness spreading and production of papers at conferences
- Identifies knowledge gaps that necessitate work prior to business introduction
- Works in conjunction with Territory Business Development, Field Development group, Country Technology Managers and tender teams to achieve first use
- Supports projects in their first adoption of new technology
- Assists in establishment of “product / service teams” to widen commercial adoption and widespread usage.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
- Industry partners / Suppliers / Academia
- Appropriate professional bodies
- Strategic and Country Technology Managers
- Engineering Function
- Communities of Expertise
- Technology Admin Team
- Legal / Intellectual Property Dept.
Please reference SUBSEA 7 Organisation
Preferred Experience and Education
- Materials Science Engineering Degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment
- Knowledge of metallurgy and associated materials selection processes
- Knowledge of pipeline manufacturing and offshore installation methods would be appreciated
- Knowledge of API 5L, DNVGL-ST-F101, BS 4515, etc.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis tools (ex. Abaqus)
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental best practices
- Knowledge of Project Management, Planning and Performance Measurement
- Planning and review
- Strong communication
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Stakeholder Management
- Proven problem solver and capable of innovative thinking
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
Upholds Subsea 7’s core values and reputation both internally and externally:
- Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Performance, Collaboration, Innovation.
This Role Profile must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. The Job Holder may be required to perform any other necessary duties within their experience and capabilities from time to time.
This role profile should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of Subsea 7 activities.