Deadline: 18 September 2020
Open to: international students from an African nation who are self-funding their postgraduate studies
Benefits: scholarship of GBP4,000, paid as a discount on the tuition fee.
If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of GBP4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
Please read the full terms and conditions before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you’ll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
If you are from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible.
- CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- CGPA 3/5 or above
Other member states of the African Union
- 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
You must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union)
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified in the Terms and Conditions below
- for 2020-21 entry: be applying for a full-time taught Masters course starting in 2020-21 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table above
Scholarship of GBP 4,000, paid as a discount on the tuition fee.
How to Apply?
For more information and in order to apply please check the official web page.