Call for Applications: Training Program for Journalists from the MENA Regionadmin April 2, 2020 0 COMMENTS
Deadline: April 20, 2020 – 11:59 PM – Beirut time
Are you a journalist from the MENA Region reporting on religious freedom and human rights issues? Do you want to expand your knowledge on inclusive reporting, digital security, and fact-based reporting?
This training program is designed to promote a culture of respect for religious diversity in MENA countries by improving the quality, quantity, and dissemination of objective reporting on religious freedom.
The objectives are to increase the capacity of journalists to securely produce high-quality conflict-sensitive and inclusive content on key religious freedom issues and to enhance the availability of and access to high-quality conflict-sensitive and inclusive content as well as promoting dialogue on key religious freedom issues.
The program is a partnership between Internews Network, Maharat Foundation, and Samir Kassir Foundation.
OBJECTIVES – What you will learn?
The program will equip its participants with the knowledge and connection to provide through three workshops – the Skills Labs, ongoing mentorship, and the opportunity to build a network of regional journalists.
The skills Labs will cover the topics of:
- Inclusive reporting on key religious freedom issues and conflict-sensitive issues
- Digital security skills and situational awareness
- Fact-based reporting
ELIGIBILITY – Can I apply?
You can apply to the program if you:
- Have a minimum of two years of professional journalism experience
- Have an interest in or prior experience reporting on religious freedom issues
- Are able to commit to multiple workshops, on-going mentoring and reporting and writing assignments scheduled over twelve months
- Are from MENA Region countries
PROGRAM ACTIVITIES & TIMELINE
Participants are expected to commit to the whole program.
- Skills Lab I: Key religious freedom issues and conflict-sensitive and inclusive reporting Training – 4 days in June 2020
- Skills Lab II: Digital security skills and situational awareness Training – 4 days in July 2020
- Skills Lab III: Fact-Based Reporting Training – 4 days in August 2020
- Follow-up projects and assignments
The main language of the training will be Arabic.
All workshops will take place in Beirut, Lebanon.
The program will run on a full-day schedule with several evening activities. Selected participants will have to commit to participating in all activities.
An innovation Lab will follow in October 2020. The most successful and dedicated Skills Lab Participants will be invited to apply separately to participate in an innovation Lab. More information will be shared upon selection.
We will cover the following costs for each participant:
- Accommodation, food, and domestic transport in Lebanon during the program
- Flight tickets to Beirut, Lebanon (for participants from other MENA countries)
- Visa costs
- Domestic travel to the airport in your home country
APPLICATION PROCESS – How to apply?
To apply you need to submit this application form before April 20, 2020, 11:59 PM Beirut Time.
Shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews by email. The interviews will be conducted online by the selection committee.
For more information or questions please contact: LB-Applications@internews.org