Deadline: 24 april 2020
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Northeastern’s Charlotte (CLT) campus, the Student Services Manager serves as the primary point of contact for learners in the region. S/he is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the learner experience for programs at the Charlotte campus and online. The Manager provides support and serves as a navigator for students to access the broad range of student services across a robust University network throughout the colleges and administrative offices. S/he guide will guide students through broad range of academic and personal issues. In addition, s/he will ensure that faculty have the appropriate support to provide the best learning environment and experience.
The position requires a broad knowledge base of university resources, campus operations, programs and courses available. It will also require strong problem solving and interpersonal skills, capacity to work in a fast-paced environment, and ability to manage multi-faceted and dynamic projects.
The primary responsibilities include student services (including international and service members and veterans), co-curricular programming, faculty services (course delivery coordination), student communication, and data management.
Responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
- Support overall enrollment and retention goals
- Provide overall direction for student services on the campus to coordinate all aspects of the learners’ experience
- In partnership with CLT college advisors and students service liaisons coordinate and facilitate Boston-based service delivery
- Serve as a Designated Service Officer (DSO) in partnership with the Office of Global Studies and a School Certifying Official (SCO) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in partnership with Center for the Advancement of Veterans and Service members (CAVS)
- Provide monthly visit to Ft. Bragg students to address student service needs
- In partnership with the Campus Operations Manager coordinate graduation preparation and facilitate graduation ceremony.
- Collaborate with CLT college advisors to develop effective student life experiences for students on campus, on-line, or participating in student mobility programs
- In partnership with the academic programs assist in the implementation of the Self-Authored Integrated Learning (SAIL)
- Coordinate the delivery of courses at the Charlotte campus and assist the respective visiting teaching faculty
- In partnership with Operations Manager and faculty, develop approprite learning environments for student mobility programs such as residencies, dialogues, and graduate convening
- In partnership with the campus Communication Manager provide necessary information for students
- Use Salesforce, Banner and student information systems to monitor accurate student records and student reporting systems