Training Course One 2 One. Supporting learning face-to-faceadmin April 24, 2020 0 COMMENTS
Dates: 5-11 October 2020
Venue: Brussels, Belgium – FL
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 9th June 2020
The main aim of this training course is to empower and equip youth workers with the competences needed to work in a One 2 One relationship with young people in order to support their learning and development processes.
Have you ever felt confused about your role with the young people you work with? Can you work with groups, but find it difficult to work with individuals? Have you never had a tetralemma? Yes? Then this course is for you!
What does “One 2 One” Stand for?
“One 2 One” is a little play on words. One 2 one means face to face i.e. the individual relationship, which we are focusing on during the training course.
The aims and objectives of this training course:
The main aim of this course is to empower and equip youth workers with the competences needed to work in a One 2 One relationship with young people in order to support their learning and development processes.
Within this, you will:
- Explore what “supporting learning” means in one-to-one relationships;
- Practice different one-2-one learning support methods and approaches;
- Learn how to support self-reflection;
- Reflect on the complementarity of individual- and group learning;
- Exchange about the various of contexts where one-2-one happens and compare approaches such as mentoring, coaching and tutoring;
- See how the One-2-One approach links with the ETS competence model for youth workers working internationally.
The course will be based on and supported by the following publications:
- One 2 One – Supporting Learning Face to Face
- The Competence Model for Youth workers to work internationally
- Within the training course you will also learn more about how to implement the Youthpass process.
Target group and profile of participants:
Professionals and volunteers – youth workers and/or youth leaders, youth trainers, mentors, educators etc.:
- who have minimum one year of experience in working with young people (be it in local youth work or international mobility context);
- motivated to develop the competences needed to work in One 2 One relationships;
minimum 18 years old;
- able to actively participate in English.
The learning process and the programme of the training course:
In order to provide the possibility for participants to experience being supported individually in their own learning process, the training course is extended by One 2 One talks with the trainers both before and after the course. Each participant will be accompanied by the same trainer throughout.
Before the training course: Participant and trainer One 2 One talk by Skype
During the training course: Participant and trainer One 2 One talk
After the training course: Participant and trainer One 2 One talk by Skype
What you can expect:
The preliminary programme of the course is presented in the attached brochure and will be adjusted according to participants’ expressed needs and expectations during the One 2 One talks by Skype
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
JINT vzw – National Agency
Phone: 02 209 07 20
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Programme of One2One BE.pdf
Contact for questions:
Yannick De Schaepmeester
Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs. NB! Learn about possible participation fee and other relevant rules.