Deadline: 31 august 2020
- In order to apply for the scholarship, you MUST have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form.
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster
parents can afford to pay. Examples of such documentation include bank
statements, pay slips and loan documents.
- Only students admitted to full-time study at UP will be considered for the scholarship.
- Only prospective students who cannot afford to pay the full fees are eligible to apply. Do not apply for funding if you or your parents, guardian or foster parents can afford the full tuition fees.
- All the information provided must be accurate and true. Any falsification of
information on the application form may result in disqualification from consideration for a scholarship.
If your application is successful, the Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counselling support
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the Honours or Masters (Political Studies or International Studies only)
- Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
For more information on the specific courses offered in the abovementioned faculties,
How to apply
You may apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply.
To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome.
Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
Download application forms for the MCFSP from www.up.ac.za/mcfsp.
Application enquiries can be directed to:
Tel: 012 420 4297
Please visit www.up.ac.za/isd for general information for international students.
Disclaimer: This publication contains information about regulations, policies, tuition fees, curricula and programmes of UP applicable at the time of printing. The accuracy, correctness or validity of the information contained in this publication is not guaranteed by the MCFSP, as University degree programmes or policy changes may take place at any time and are always subject to verification by the applicant. Kindly verify the correctness of all relevant information with the University. Failure to do so will not make the University liable for any claim or action of any nature against it by any party whatsoever.